Seaside Cottage 3
DIRECT OCEANFRONT HOME looks like it's "Straight out of Pottery Barn". Crisp white linens. Soft beach colors. Cool Marble floors. Totally renovated in Aug 2012, 1 of 4 Cottages on 1 oceanfront lot located at 2 9th Street in the "Center" of the "Best Section" of St Aug Beach. Loads of Restaurants within walking distance. No long catwalks. No Cars allowed. Just waves & powder white sand steps from your door yet only 5 miles to Historic Downtown St Augustine. Check out the WALK THRU Videos under the Floor Plan Tab. It is the best way to get a feel of the house. Just use your mouse to walk thru. I think you will love it.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Our Beaches are Open. Restaurants are Open at 50% capacity. And Vacation Rentals are Open to visitors from all States but NY, NJ, CT & LA (which require a for quarantine period). We are following new CDC Cleaning Guidelines and have waived our 7 night minimum for the Summer and are accepting stays of 3 days or more. We have just finished repainting the entire inside and look forward to your stay 🙂
OCEANFRONT COVERED LANAI & GRILL - You will love sitting outside enjoying the Breeze and the Sound of the Surf. Large Covered Lanai for Dining or just relaxing with a book. In front of the house is a Private Courtyard with Grill (gas or charcoal) and Outdoor shower with hot & cold water, Beach Chairs and Boogie Boards for your beach fun. On the Grass 4 Adirondack Chairs to enjoy the sun!
OPEN GREAT ROOM - Inside features the new "Open" central room with Kitchen, Living and Dining all in one. The BIG SCREEN TV comes with Comcast Cable plus a Streaming Video box for sharing You Tube Videos or Netflix favorites (if you have an account). FREE WIFI. The sofa converts to a Queen Sleeper if you need more sleeping arrangements. And the Floors. They are all Marble. So soft and cool. We loved them so much we used it throughout the house, even on the Lanai.
CONVERSATION CORNER - My favorite space is the "Conversation Corner". A round table with 4 leather swivel chairs flanked by double windows. A perfect place for games, cards or just sitting around laughing and telling stories. We provide several games, but our family favorite is Rummikub. It is the rare game where you can actually make a difference depending on how creative you are and can be played by all ages from 5 to 95. I hope it will become a tradition for your family as well and you'll think back to your stay in St Augustine each time you play.
GOURMET KITCHEN - White Shaker Cabinets, Stainless Appliances, and a new "Leather Finish" on the Granite. Very different. I fell in love with it. There is a HUGE Gathering Island with Bar Stools where you will spend most of your time. Comes fully equipped with Pottery Barn dishes and glasses and all the Pots and Pans you will need to prepare gourmet meals. I hope it will inspire you to stay home and cook. You may save enough to stay another day. That’s one advantage of a Home vs a Hotel! So bring your favorite Family Recipes!
OCEAN VIEW BEDROOMS - There are 2 Queen Bedrooms. Both have Ocean Views & 42" Flat Screen TVs. One is direct Beachfront with 180 view and uses the Hall Bath. The other has an 8 foot Picture Window and a Private Bath. Enjoy waking up to the sunrise. They can be breath taking.
2 GARDEN TUBS - Both Baths have Garden Tubs. They also have showers with classic Subway Tile surrounds and Furniture Style Vanities with Stone Counters.
2 PARKING SPOTS & Shared Laundry behind Cottage 1.
NEED MORE SPACE - Remember, if you need more space, or less, there are 4 Cottages in all.
COTTAGE #1 has 5 Bedrooms + Bunk Room for 2 small kids + 3 Sleeper Sofas & 5 Baths - Seeps 12 -19
COTTAGE #2 has 2 Bedrooms + 1 Sleeper Sofa + 1 Daybed & 3 Baths - Sleeps 4-7
COTTAGE #3 (Described here) is a 2 Bedroom +1 Sleeper Sofa & 2 Baths - Sleeps 4-6
COTTAGE #4 is a 1 Bedroom +1 Sleeper Sofa + 1 Daybed & 1.5 Bath - Sleeps 2-5
BEST BEACH - Now to the Beach and why I call it the "Best Beach". You need to do your research here. There is a tremendous difference in the beaches and only 18 streets of what most people agree is the Best. Be sure and find out “where” your beach house is located before you book. I believe this is BEST for 5 reason:
1. The SAND. The sand is like powder, not coarse ground up shells like Vilano to the north. This is the white powder you are looking for. Great for drip castles!
2. The OCEAN is RIGHT AT YOUR DOOR STEP. There is no long raised boardwalk like further south along Atlantic View with a 5 minute walk across the dunes to navigate with the cooler & chairs before you ever get to the water. Here the ocean and the VIEW is steps from your door. Be careful. There are some “beachfront” homes that are so “far from the beach” because of the sand dunes that you can hardly “see” the ocean.
3. There are NO CARS. This is a major distinction. Everything south of A Street has Cars. Imagine trying to play paddle ball or throwing football with cars continually passing by & having to be on constant baby alert. Not while you are on vacation!
4. The beach is WIDE and level with GREAT WAVES. You have to be careful here too. Some beaches to the north on Vilano are narrow & steep, even with rocks, and the slope of the beach affects the waves. They break right at the shore line so close in you can't ride boogie boards. The locals consider this the BEST SURFING around. There is a Surf Shop, Pitt Surf, at A Street where you can rent boards and take lessons. You don't have to worry. This is not the West Coast. Waves are not too big and not too small. They are "just right". But you will have loads of fun with the boogie boards provide at The Seaside Cottages free of charge
5. Last but not least, the beach is within WALKING DISTANCE of loads of restaurants & shops. Many beaches both north and south are so isolated you have a long drive to get to anything. Not The Seaside Cottages. It is so nice to be able to walk over to a restaurant for breakfast or send the kids out an Ice cream cone. We have an amazing number of "wonderful" restaurants within walking distance. Our favorite Sunset Grill is a must. Even Live music at Cafe 11 & funky Jacks BBQ. At the Fishing Pier the Kids will love the Splash Park plus Beach Volleyball courts, there is a Farmers Market on Wednesday and Free Live Music Concerts every Wednesday night in the Summer. How wonderful is that? Publix and Starbucks are only 1.5 mile away. There is a park half mile north on Pope with Tennis or a YMCA for swimming or workout w/Daily or Weekly memberships if you are not a member at home. Just south is Miniature Golf which kids will love. And Royal St Augustine Golf for the Adults close by on 16. (World Golf and TPC/Sawgrass are about 30 minutes). See THINGS TO DO at my Website or call to let me know what you are looking for. I always answer my phone!
ONLY 5 MILES to DOWNTOWN - There is more to St Augustine that just the Beach. Our Downtown founded in 1565 is the oldest continuously occupied European Settlement in the US and one of the Top 6 Florida destinations according to US News & World Reports. (They rank us #2 Best Affordable Honeymoon Destination and our Beach #5 in USA). You'll feel like you are back in time. Strolling Old World Walking Streets. Romantic Lighting. Outdoor Music filling the air. There are scores Historic Sights and fabulous Restaurants. Call or my LIST of THINGS TO DO. With the Beach and the History we are truly a "Must Do".
BOOKMARK ME - Please keep us in mind for small or large groups both at the Beach or Downtown. In addition to the other 3 Cottages on this lot ranging from 1 to 5 Bedrooms (Sleeps 5, 6 & 19) just a few block south, we have an even larger Oceanfront home, The Chautauqua, with 7 Bedrooms & 5.5 Baths (Sleeps 21). Downtown are 2 Historic Homes just 2 blocks from each other, great for Wedding Guests, that range from 1 to 4 Bedrooms (Sleeping 2 to 14 each - 28 Total). See www.LindasBeach.com to view them all (Remember you save 5-15% when you book direct with me vs Homeaway or Airbnb).
CALL LINDA - My goal is to create the "Ultimate Vacation Experience" on the "Best Beach" and have it become a part of "Your Family Tradition" so that you will grow to consider us "Your second home in St Augustine". Feel free to call me anytime at 904.465.3852. I always answer my phone and am here to help. I am also a Realtor so if you "Fall in Love" like I did, I can help you find a great deal on a Vacation Home. I would love to take you Shopping.
Thank you again for considering us,
To Search for a Vacation Rental see www.Lindasbeach.com
I am also Realtor at FL Homes Realty & Mortgage if you decide you want to stay
To Search for Homes to Buy see www.LindaBaylesSellsFLhomes.com
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Week day Rate||Weekend Rate|
|Bedroom 1 - Oceanfront Queen Bedroom||Queen||
||Direct Oceanfront Bedroom with 2 sided Window Wall to watch the gorgeous Sunrise!|
|Bedroon 2 - Queen with Private Bath||Queen||
||Master with Private Bath and Large Picture Window|
|Greatroom Queen Sleeper Sofa||Sleep Sofa||